Brides To Do List
Congratulations on your engagement and upcoming marriage!
During the next several months, you and your fiancée will be busy making plans and decisions for that perfect wedding. Each aspect will reflect your personality, sense of style and attention to detail.
The following list has been designed to help you focus on the tasks you will need to do, to stay organized and on track.
Enjoy your wedding day……and keep in mind– planning is half the fun if you keep accurate records and plan , plan, plan.
Twelve Months Before The Wedding
• Discuss with your fiance about the type of wedding you want.
•Select a wedding date.
• Determine number of guests.
•Choose your wedding attendants.
• Visit clergy person or judge with fiance
to reserve ceremony site, ask about any specific guidelines
that would apply such as music, decorations, etc.
• Reserve reception site and caterer,
ask about any decorating guidelines.
• Select and reserve your wedding professionals,
photographer, florist, videographer, musicians, etc.
• Start to look for your wedding gown.
• Plan your wedding color scheme.
Nine Months Before The Wedding
•Visit with your ceremony officiant,
there may be pre-marriage classes to attend.
•Select and order your dress and accessories,
such as jewelry, veil and shoes.
• Select and order attendants dresses and accessories.
•Begin your guest list, ask both families for their lists.
Register with the bridal gift registries at your favorite stores.
Visit your local travel agent for your information honeymoon destinations.
Six Months Before The Wedding
• Meet with the wedding professionals you’ve hired to go over
details and confirm dates and times.
• Order your wedding invitations, thank-you cards, ceremony programs, etc.
• Make honeymoon reservations.
• Shop for and order wedding rings.
Three Months Before The Wedding
• Complete guest list.
• Check state requirements for blood testing.
• Make wedding day transportation arrangements.
• Call bridal shop to verify the delivery date of all dresses and accessories.
• Have your first fitting.
• See that attendants have arranged fittings.
• Get birth certificates.
• Order weddingcake.
• Assist Mothers in shopping for wedding attire.
• Select wedding attire for the groom, groomsmen and Fathers.
• Purchase guest book, unity candles, toasting glasses, garters, cake tops, etc.
Six to Eight Weeks Before The Wedding
• Address and mail your invitations.
• Select gifts for attendants and groom.
• Pick up your wedding rings from the jeweler.
• Submit your wedding announcement to newspapers.
• Make appointments for yourself, bridesmaids and mothers at
beauty salon for day of wedding.
• Write thank-you notes for shower gifts.
• Arrange for lodging for out-of-town guests.
• Decide on floral arrangements, bouquets and corsages.
Two to Three Weeks Before The Wedding
• Go for your final dress fitting, don’t forget to bring your shoes.
• Go with your fiance to get your marriage license.
• Consult with your hair stylist about your wedding day hairstyle.
• Give request lists to the photographer, videographer, musicians, etc.
• Finalize rehearsal dinner plans.
• Address announcements to be mailed on your wedding day.
• Finalize wedding day transportation arrangements.
• Decide on seating arrangements for reception.
• Write out place cards.
• Finalize and double check all arrangements.
• Decorate party favors for reception.
One Week Before The Wedding
• Supply caterer with final count of dinner guests.
• Confirm rehearsal dinner’s dates, place and time with your bridesmaids.
• Begin packing for your honeymoon.
• Buy traveler’s checks for honeymoon.
• Inform attendants of any special responsibilities.
The Day Before The Wedding
• Finish packing for honeymoon.
• Attend rehearsal and dinner and go home early.
• Relax and Enjoy!