Mother of the Bride’s To Do List
Prior To Wedding
• Assist bride in selecting wedding gown and accessories, wedding colors, and attendants attire.
• Help prepare the guest list.
• Help record gifts received by mail.
• Select own attire that complements the color of the wedding.
• Assist in ceremony and reception details.
Day of Ceremony
• Arrive dressed at ceremony site one hour before the wedding for photographs.
• Bring guest book and unity candle to ceremony..
• Stand at head of the receiving line.
• Serve as the official hostess at the wedding and reception.
• Bring guest book, candle, and card box to reception.
• After reception, gather gifts and card box to be later taken to the designated gift opening site.
• Sign the wedding certificate as a legal witness.
• Stand to the left of the groom in the receiving line.