Want to choose great bridal shower games for your wedding?
Bridal shower games are a fun part of most parties. They can help “break the ice” with guests who don’t know each other well, and get them talking. There are several things to keep in mind when choosing a bridal shower game. Let’s take a look.
Type of wedding shower: If you are having a very formal setting, then quiet, reserved games would be appropriate. A lively theme would allow for more active games.
Age of guests: Sometimes the guests are all within age range of the bride-to-be. Choose games that would appeal to her. Often, however, guests may range from young nieces to grandmothers. Select games, such as bridal shower bingo, that would allow all to play.
Types of games:
- Most games played at bridal showers are pen and paper games. It just makes it easier for the guests, especially if there is a large number, to stay seated and relax. Bridal Shower Bingo, “Who knows the bride best?”, and a word scramble, are examples of this type of activity. When there is a theme party, the ideas are unlimited. For example, a beach party would allow for outdoor games. Again, keep ages in mind. Make sure there is something for everyone.
Where can I find bridal shower games?
- There are many online stores that sell these. Some are even instantly downloadable. You can also check your local retail party shop.
How many games should be played?
- Two or three is usually a good amount. They are supposed to add to the party, not take up an excessive amount of time. Of course, if you are having a theme party that lasts all afternoon, you can spread as many as you feel would work.
Any other suggestions?
- Have some prizes ready. These don’t have to be expensive. A small token for the winner is always a fun idea.
- Remember the true purpose of the bridal shower is to celebrate the upcoming wedding, so make the bridal shower games an enjoyable part of the event.
- Here are some other game suggestions to get you started.
|Bridal Shower Charades
|Everyone loves charades! Keep your guests laughing as they act out and try to guess these songs, movies, TV shows, and books that all have one thing in common? the word LOVE, WEDDING, and BRIDE.
|Things In Your Purse
|Do you know who brought the biggest purse? She could be the big winner! Use this fun checklist to see who has the most – and the most unusual – items in her purse!
|Sketch The Bride
|This humorous activity is sure to make it into the bride’s scrapbook! Have each guest try to draw a picture of the bride, then list 5 things they like about her. What a great way to get to know the bride better, and even share some sentimental moments with the girls.
Pages in this series
Planning A Bridal Shower
Week 1: What’s expected
Week 2: Invitations, Decorations, Entertainment. Pick a Theme
Week 3: Final Details. Finalize the menu and go shopping
Wedding Shower Checklist
Bridal Shower Games
Jack & Jill Parties